Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 8 - The Big Talk

Today was the reason we're here, sort of. My talk for the conference was schedule for 9:30am (good to get it over with first thing). Still worried that I'd be plagued by the technical difficulties I had trying to give the talk on Monday, I wanted to arrive as early as possible to play around with the projector. Alas, I cannot change the shuttle service schedule, but not only did we arrive with plenty of extra time, but I didn't encounter the same problem. The talk went ok (Misty thinks I did better than I thought, no surprise there).

Rather than stay for the rest of the paper sessions that day, we took the bus back to Las Palmas (the conference is at the University campus in Tafira). We took a late lunch at one of the first places we ate where we knew we could get reliably decent pizza and mozzarella sticks. Most of the rest of the afternoon was spent resting and catching up on blogging and news (Palin?!).

No comments: