Monday, May 7, 2012

Montana, Part 2: The Arrival

We arrived just in time for dinner with my grandma, Uncle Con, and his daughter, Kyla. The first stop, Pork Chop John's! I get mine with cheese, mayo, pickles, and onions. Alan prefers their hamburgers. It was Good Friday so we picked up halibut and chips for the others (no meat on Friday). Also, the fries and vanilla malts are a must try! This is definitely a Butte thing, they only exist there. They tried a store in Bozeman but it isn't there any more.

When we were waiting at the drive through, I noticed that the place across the street had licorice shakes on their sign. Licorice ice cream in Butte brings back lots of memories of going to North Star Ice Cream (I think that was the name) with my grandpa.

My grandma is still in pretty good health and we enjoyed visiting with her. She has been painting, knitting, and right now she is traveling a bit. Go Grandma!

No comments: